UNESCO-Chair on Global Understanding for Sustainability
Six specific objectives define our work's essence:
- supporting the establishment of a research framework for the development of a comprehensive global understanding and awareness of the social, cultural and natural embeddedness of all human action, and generating new knowledge through theoretical and empirical research;
- contributing to the establishment of applied human-centered sustainability science and the development of pertinent study guidelines and school teaching modules to be implemented at all educational levels;
- enhancing awareness of individuals' capacity and responsibility for everyday decision-making, particularly through publications, conferences, and media cooperation;
- disseminating the variety of sustainability concepts and the leadership required to implement, measure, and assess progress towards sustainability goals, both locally and at partner universities, to young scientists, practitioners, and professionals;
- maintaining and increasing international collaboration within established and new inter- and transdisciplinary networks, and making results widely available and accessible to all; and,
- collaborating closely with UNESCO and existing UNESCO chairs on relevant programs and activities.